Update: Housing for Commuter Students 11/4

Currently all of the residence halls are open and have power.

If you are requesting temporary housing please email resed@mail.montclair.edu : We will be monitoring the email account over the weekend and will reply to you as quickly as possible. We will be housing students in Bohn Hall in double rooms. It is a traditional building and has community style bathrooms.  You will be asked to share a room with another commuter student.

If you have a specific friend you would like to stay with please  email us and let us know.

If you need housing with a spouse, significant other, or children please email us and we will work with you individually.

Here is what you should expect to bring with you:

  • bed linens/ pillows
  • bath linens and toiletries
  • medications and other personal/health needs
  • small lamp, as some of the facilities on campus have limited lighting in the bedrooms
  • any schoolwork/books or laptops/tablets you will need for classes.

Internet access: You can gain access to the Internet in the main lounge utilizing a wireless connection.
Laundry Facilities:
Each floor does have free laundry facilities.
Check-ins: will be done Monday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Bohn Hall. Please go to Bohn Hall main office and we will assign you a space in the building. If you need housing tonight please email us  and we will work to get you into a room tonight.

Charge: currently there will be no charge for housing, should you need housing for more than a week there may be a nominal fee at that point we will update you prior to any charges being placed.

Parking: If you have a parking pass you will need to park in Car Park Diem, if you do not have a parking pass please try to leave your car at home, if you must take it with you, please park it in the Red Hawk Deck and you will have to pay for parking.

Meals: You can utilize all of the open dining locations on campus. There are no kitchen facilities in Bohn Hall. We suggest that you add Red Hawk Dollars to your account as you will be charged for meals.  You can add Red Hawk Dollars by going to the Online Card Office. 

IDs: You will need to ensure that you have your MSU ID card with you as that will allow you access to the building.

Please note regardless of age Bohn Hall is a dry building and alcohol is not permitted in the building.

Damages or Violation of the University Code of Conduct:
Any damages that occur in your temporary assignment will be charged to your student account. Any violation of the University Code of Conduct will result in the student being asked to immediately leave the building.

Pets: Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate pets in the building.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us. We are happy to be able to host you on campus and look forward to you staying with us.

Thank you,
Residential Education and Services