Flexible, short-term online format provides an accelerated path to develop a highly marketable skill set.
Total credits: 9
Next application term: Fall 2024
The online certificate in Real Estate Development is designed for aspiring and practicing project managers, property managers, brokers, analysts, and entrepreneurs. In just six months, you will gain training in the Project Manager (PM) role of Real Estate Development. The 4-course certificate will prepare you to coordinate, facilitate, negotiate, manage, and lead commercial real estate development projects.
All of the courses for the Online Certificate in Real Estate Development will be offered in conjunction with the MBA Concentration in Real Estate Development. Courses cover Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Valuation, Real Estate Law, Real Estate Financing and Capital Markets and Real Estate Development. You will also have the chance to further your education by applying credits you earn toward the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Take your next professional development step and apply for our next start. The first, fully online 8-week course is REAL 572 Commercial Real Estate: Investments and Analysis.
Total Credits: 9
- REAL 570 Real Estate Finance and Securitization (1.5 credits)
- REAL 571 Real Estate Development Legal and Regulatory Issues (1.5 credits)
- REAL 572 Commercial Real Estate Investment (3 credits)
- REAL 573 Real Estate Development (3 credits)
Networking and leadership opportunities are available throughout the program. Guest speakers will include numerous developers and industry leaders including the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) President. NAIOP is the largest commercial real estate professional organization in the United States.
- The 10 year (2020-2030) employment projections for careers that will be available to students graduating the program demonstrate a 9% growth rate while the average growth rate for all careers in the United States is 7%.
- Some of the top companies posting jobs in this field include Greystar Real Estate Partners, Alliance Residential, Bank of America, Trammell Crow Co. and CB Richard Ellis.
Source: Emsi Profile Analytics Report
The Real Estate Development Certificate program is designed for both business and non-business students who wish to gain entry in the field as a Project Manager or Development Analyst.
- Applicants may hold a bachelor’s in any field. It is also well-suited for individuals with real estate, accounting, finance and economics backgrounds as students will be exposed to time value of money and its application in Excel.
- The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
- Steps to apply
If you have specific questions about the program and would like academic advisement, please contact your Graduate Program Coordinator.