What is required to access my benefits?
- Visit the VA website and apply for the appropriate veteran benefit.
- After approval, Veteran Affairs will send your Certificate of Eligibility (C.O.E.). Once you receive your C.O.E., email it along with your DD214 (if applicable) to email@example.com.
- If you are in the National Guard and will be using the National Guard Waiver, email a copy signed by both you and your Commander to firstname.lastname@example.org. Per the National Guard, you will need to apply for federal financial aid every academic year in order for your NG Waiver to be applied.
- Apply for federal financial aid! All students may apply for federal financial aid, however, only students using the National Guard Waiver need to apply.
Who do I need to meet with after being accepted?
- New First-Year Students: Please complete the First-Year Schedule Questionnaire as soon as possible. Your schedule will not be finalized until the questionnaire is completed. Please refer to Step 8 on the Accepted Freshman Checklist. After your schedule is built, your academic advisor will invite you to a welcome meeting to talk about what to expect before the fall semester begins.
- New Transfer Students: Transfer students should make an appointment with their advisor to register for classes (one week after paying the deposit). Please refer to Step 4 on the Transfer Student Checklist.
- Military Affiliated Information Sessions will take place during orientation.
Who can Military Affiliated students contact for assistance?