Veteran and Military Affiliated Student FAQs

What is required to access my benefits?
  • Visit the VA website and apply for the appropriate veteran benefit.
  • After approval, Veteran Affairs will send your Certificate of Eligibility (C.O.E.). Once you receive your C.O.E., email it along with your DD214 (if applicable) to
  • If you are in the National Guard and will be using the National Guard Waiver, email a copy signed by both you and your Commander to Per the National Guard, you will need to apply for federal financial aid every academic year in order for your NG Waiver to be applied.
  • Apply for federal financial aid! All students may apply for federal financial aid, however, only students using the National Guard Waiver need to apply.
Who do I need to meet with after being accepted?
  • New First-Year Students: Please complete the First-Year Schedule Questionnaire as soon as possible. Your schedule will not be finalized until the questionnaire is completed. Please refer to Step 8 on the Accepted Freshman Checklist. After your schedule is built, your academic advisor will invite you to a welcome meeting to talk about what to expect before the fall semester begins.
  • New Transfer Students: Transfer students should make an appointment with their advisor to register for classes (one week after paying the deposit). Please refer to Step 4 on the Transfer Student Checklist.
  • Military Affiliated Information Sessions will take place during orientation.
Who can Military Affiliated students contact for assistance?

Office of Veteran and Military Resources
Jonathan Gubitosi
Veterans Advising, Certification and Engagement Coordinator
Student Center Annex, Room 119

Undergraduate Admissions Office
Ken Miyazawa
Pre-Enrollment Specialist for Military Affiliated Students
Susan A. Cole Hall, Suite 100