Now that you’ve been accepted to Montclair State, your next step is to enroll as a full-fledged Red Hawk.
Use the checklist below for guidance.
Check your acceptance letter for your CWID and PIN. Your PIN is your six-digit birthday (MMDDYY). You will need them to submit your New Student Deposit.
To pay your deposit, use your Campus Wide ID (CWID) provided in your acceptance letter. Log in using your CWID and your PIN, which is your six-digit date of birth (MMDDYY). The deposit deadline for the fall 2021 semester is June 1, 2020.
If you are planning to live on campus, submit your non-refundable housing deposit by Monday, June 1. Housing is guaranteed for fall 2021 transfer students who submit their housing deposit by June 1. Once we have processed your new student deposit and housing deposit, you may complete the online Housing Application. Click “Housing Assignments” to access the application.
Please allow 24-36 hours for your payment/s to be processed before moving on to Step 3.
Your NetID is your Montclair State email account login ID and your ID for other web-based University systems. You will receive an email with instructions once your new student deposit is processed and you can establish (activate) your NetID. Please note, your NetID cannot be activated until you submit your new student deposit.
- Please activate your NetID one to two business days after you submit your new student deposit.
- Once your NetID has been activated, you will begin receiving communications to your Montclair State email account from your academic advisors and other University staff. To log in, visit gmail.com, enter your NetID@montclair.edu, use your NetID password and click “Sign in”.
Start smart! Be sure to schedule a meeting with your academic advisor. Your advisor, a professional staff member from your chosen School/College, will help you select your courses for your first semester at Montclair State.
Due to COVID-19, at this time all transfer advising sessions will be conducted virtually via Zoom/Google, phone, or email. Contact information for your specific advisor can be found online at:
- College of the Arts
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Science and Mathematics
- Feliciano School of Business
- University College (Undeclared)
To make the most of your time, review your degree audit before your meeting and schedule your meeting ahead of your Transfer Student Orientation (TSO).
All Transfer Student Orientations for the spring have concluded. You will receive an email at your Montclair State email address to complete your mandatory Online Canvas Orientation.
To learn how courses are transferred to Montclair State and to understand their course equivalencies, log into the NEST student services website. Enter your CWID and your PIN and click on “register for classes” at the top of the page. Go to the “Degree Audit” look and click on “DegreeWorks.”
Please note that your audit will be available for your review online shortly after you receive your acceptance notification.
Learn more about our Transfer Credit Appeals Process.
The University Health Center oversees mandatory student enrollment health requirements.
To complete these requirements:
- Download and print the immunization forms from the University Health Center
- Have your health care provider complete and sign the forms. Records from your high school or another university may be submitted in place of these forms.
- Enter your immunization record information from the forms into the online My Health application. Scan and upload your paperwork into the My Health portal. Please note that the University Health Center is no longer accepting documentation in paper form. Therefore, please do not mail completed forms to the University. Instead, scan and upload all documents online in the portal.
Please note that you will not be considered compliant until you have submitted your immunization record information online and until the University Health Center has received and validated the actual forms.
All full-time Montclair State students are required to have health insurance coverage. We will automatically enroll you in the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan.
If you have private health insurance coverage, you must waive this enrollment by showing proof of other insurance by going to Aetna and completing the waiver process.
For details about the Montclair State University Health Insurance Plan, visit our website.
Transfer students with fewer than 24 credit hours need to complete appropriate testing -or receive exemption -prior to registering for coursework.
Foreign Language Placement Testing
All students at Montclair State University must complete the foreign language requirement to graduate. If your transfer coursework does not meet the foreign language requirement, you may need to complete the Foreign Language Placement Test. Learn more about the test.
Math & Chemistry Placement
Transfer students in majors within the College of Science and Mathematics must complete the Math & Chemistry Placement Form if:
- You do not have transfer credit for College Algebra or Pre-CalculusOR
- Your major requires Chemistry and you do not have transfer credit for at least General Chemistry I.
Students will be placed into Math and/or Chemistry courses based on previous academic history. You can expect a response soon after you submit the Math & Chemistry Placement Form. If you have questions about Math & Chemistry placement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this step? Contact the Academic Success Center at 973-655-5425, 973-655-4476, or email email@example.com for assistance.
Make sure your final college and high school transcripts are submitted prior to the start of the semester. Official transcripts may be submitted electronically directly from your institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to us at
Montclair State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07043
The high school transcript requirement is waived for incoming transfer students who have earned an associate degree or 60+ credits from a four-year institution.
We offer a number of tuition payment options to meet your needs. Find out when bills are generated and how to make your payments.