Saying it “stands as a beacon of the heights to which education can aspire,” the New Jersey State Senate and General Assembly officially congratulated Montclair State University for its inclusion in the Forbes list of America’s Best Colleges as the top public higher education institution in the state at a ceremony held at the State House in Trenton on January 7.
Presenting the Joint Legislative Resolution of congratulations to Montclair State University President Susan A. Cole was Senate President Richard J. Codey who was joined by other legislators in honoring the University. Montclair State was also well-represented by a large contingent of students and staff who were on hand to share in the moment with President Cole. Even Rocky the Red Hawk made an appearance, much to the delight of those in attendance.
In addition to being honored for the Forbes top ranking, the legislators also recognized Montclair State for being named to the Center for College Affordability and Productivity’s list of the Twenty-Five Best Buy Northeastern Colleges, and for being “an exceptional example of the success possible through the selfless efforts of concerned and dedicated people.”
Read more about Montclair State’s Forbes ranking.
- Lead by President Susan A. Cole and Rocky the Red Hawk, the Montclair State contingent waits to enter the Senate Chamber.
- Rocky checks out the set up.
- Assemblywoman Nellie Pou (35th Legislative District) greets Dr. Cole and the students.
- Assemblyman John F. McKeon (27th Legislative District, on the left) speaks with the students before the event.
- The Senate Floor with Senate President Richard J. Codey presiding.
- Senate President Codey addresses the legislators and assembled guests.
- Senator Stephen M. Sweeney (3rd Legislative District) speaks with the Montclair State contingent after the presentation.
- President Cole and Montclair State students pose with Senate President Codey and Rocky.