Click the company to learn more about them and what their Green Team is doing!
The family owned and operated Earth Friendly Products is a global manufacturer of environmentally friendly cleaning products. The company was established in 1967, and is known for leading the green cleaning industry with its ECOS Laundry Detergent.
- Tested wastewater chemicals
- Implemented wastewater treatment options
Hackensack Meridian Health provides patient-centered health care services in hospital, community and in-home settings. The company advances medicine and treatment options through clinical education and research.
- Developed of a renewable energy plan
- Assembled a company-specific competitor analysis
The Hydrogen House Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to education and the pursuit of clean and renewable energy technologies. Mike Strizki, the founder of Hydrogen House, converts solar energy into hydrogen gas and stores the clean energy in hydrogen fuel cells.
- Fixed and installed solar panel arrays
- Stationed new inverters on site
- Worked on a hydrogen fuel cell refueling station
- Positioned solar panels and hydrogen fuel cells on site
Municipality Description: Jersey City, located between the Hudson and Hackensack Rivers, covers nearly 15 square miles of land at the center of the New York City metropolitan region. Jersey City’s Office of Sustainability researches and implements new community sustainability policies, develops action plans for meeting the City’s climate sustainability goals, and interfaces with the community to raise awareness of sustainable practices and resources.
- Analyzed greenhouse gas inventory of the city
- Calculated vehicle fleet emission
- Compiled a weatherization building plan
NJ American Water delivers clean, safe, reliable and affordable water and wastewater services to 2.7 million people in New Jersey. They have a team of top scientists, researchers and plant operates, dedicated to maintaining and delivering clean water.
- Redesigned and cultivated methods of enforcement for Recycling Program
- Watershed management
- Inventoried of invasive species
- Developed methods of removing invasive species
- Compiled company specific competitor analysis
NJ TRANSIT is New Jersey’s public transportation corporation. NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s third largest provider of bus, rail and light rail transit, linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia. The agency operates an active fleet of 2,221 buses, 1,231 trains and 21 light rail vehicles. NJ TRANSIT provides nearly 270 million passenger trips each year.
- Analyzed the bus fleet, with electric replacement
- Compiled best practices report and cost analysis of electrical technology
- Generated a methodology on implementation of electric buses on a route
- Provided a case study for implementing electrical vehicles on specific route supplied by company
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection manages the state’s natural resources and works to solve pollution issues. NJDEP staffs approximately 2,900 people, and is a leader in the country for its pollution prevention efforts and innovative environmental management strategies.
- Produced marketing materials specific to company programs
- Assisted in creation of Princeton Sustainable Business GIS Map Tour
- Created a membership survey
- Compiled program evaluations and recommendations
- Re-modeled a sustainable registry program
Prudential, PGIM’s parent Fortune 500 company, has subsidiaries that provide insurance, investment management and other financial products and services in over 30 other countries. Prudential Financial’s Global Investment Management (PGIM) has become the 9th largest institutional asset manager in the world with $1 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2016. We will be assisting PGIM Real Estate which manages $65 billion in assets.
- Competitor analysis, focused on SDGS for Prudential Financial
- Developed GRI template
- Made science based target setting for future goals
Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG) is New Jersey’s oldest and largest investor owned utility. They are a regulated gas and electric utility company serving 2.2 million electric customers and 1.8 million gas customers, approximately 70 percent of the state’s population. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, they have approximately $35 billion in assets and $11 billion in revenues.
- Created report aligning PSEG with climate action goals and Paris Accord
- Drafted an in-depth guideline for how PSEG should create a two degree analysis
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies that offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
- Produced Chemical regulations list
- Suggested potential reduction strategies throughout the company
- Compiled and reviewed environmental measures data from all SGA sites
Suez provides water and waste recycling services to over 7.5 million people in the United States and Canada. Their mission is to deliver these services safely and cost-effectively, while positively impacting local communities.
- Generated algal blooms remediation
- Constructed invasive species list
- Compiled and created Compost Program
Newark is the largest city in New Jersey, with over 270,000 residents. Newark’s Sustainability Office supports the community through efforts in public health and business opportunities.
- Created a framework for GHG inventory
- Developed outreach materials for Newark’s Sustainability Plan
- Translated all documents related to the community into Spanish
- Generated a stewardship map for the city of Newark