2022 Application & Information
Student applications for the Green Teams for summer 2021 have now closed. Check back in fall 2021 for the summer 2022 applications. Stay connected with us on social media for other events and opportunities or feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My participation in the Green Teams has been fundamental to my success. I highly endorse working with the PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies.
About the Program
The Green Teams Internship Program was initiated as a trans-disciplinary internship program targeted to upper level undergraduates (exceptional rising sophomores may also be considered) coming from any discipline who are interested in sustainability. Green Teams are teams of students who serve corporations, organizations, non-profits, municipalities and community groups to address sustainability issues identified by host organizations. Teams of five students are constructed from diverse applicants whose backgrounds match those required to achieve deliverables requested by corporations and organizations. PSEG ISS provides training throughout the course of the program in core sustainability subjects, hands-on experience with sustainability skills, guidance in professional development and communication, and team building. Students also participate in community service and go on several field trips throughout the summer, such as trips to the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab and the United Nations. Teams make site visits to their host corporations at least once throughout the summer and meet weekly with company representatives to discuss the progress of their deliverables. Students are trained, and conduct the majority of their work, on site at Montclair State University under the supervision of a leadership team. They work intensely full-time each for ten weeks. At the end of the program, they present their work in a comprehensive written report to their hosting organization and give a group TED-style presentation to a broad audience.
As part of a Green Team, you could:
- Learn first-hand how businesses function.
- Become experienced in developing projects and creating deliverables.
- Understand and envision how sustainability intersects with your career trajectory.
- Establish a network for future internship and employment opportunities.
- Interact with local community members.
- Gain experience in applied science.
- Improve your communication and team-working skills.
- Gauge and improve company interactions with employees using surveys and marketing documents.
- Develop professional reports and presentations.
- Assess environmental impacts.
- Obtain eligibility for Leadership Certification.
For questions, please contact: