To advance health equity and social justice, through our commitment to an upstream focus and cultural responsiveness in the development of public health professionals, in our community engagement, and in our scholarship. We work toward advancing the collective strength of populations, to foster healthy settings and healthy people.
- We value voices from multiple cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds in our program.
- We recognize that to truly serve the public, the public health workforce must comprise professionals whose backgrounds and identities reflect the multitude of identities in our populations.
- We commit to engaging in continual reflection on our own practices, challenging ourselves to notice and change practices that undermine progress.
- We value experiential learning as essential for preparing public health professionals who will lead the way in advancing health equity and social justice.
- We hold civic engagement to be a key to achieving health equity. The development of engaged community members is a goal that runs through all our professional work.
- We value community and connections among our students while enrolled in and after having graduated from the program.
Last revised: August 2020