Image of the College Hall belltower at dusk.
News

Professor Awarded Prestigious Peterson Prize

Posted in: Faculty News

two people stand smiling, one is holding a certificate
Clinical Specialist Lucy Takagi (right) with Arpana G. Inman, Dean of the Rutgers Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology .

Lucy Takagi, Clinical Specialist in the department of Social Work and Child Advocacy, was selected by the Rutgers Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) as this year’s recipient of the Peterson Prize, the school’s most prestigious award.

The Peterson Prize is presented to an alumna/alumnus who has made outstanding contributions to professional psychology. Such contributions may include innovations in service delivery, education or training, service to under-served populations, and other creative professional efforts that enhance the general welfare.

“I am humbled by this recognition, but also proud to have employed the knowledge, experience, and clinical skills I learned at GSAPP in my professional life,” said Dr. Takagi in receiving the award. “And I have been privileged with opportunities to lead psychological associations in serving the needs of psychologists – in New Jersey and nationally.”

Congratulations, Lucy!