ID Card Office
To freeze lost or stolen ID cards 24\7, please visit the Online Card Office or use the Red Hawk Dollars app. ID cards can only be unfrozen in person at the ID Card Office.
One Card Office@MSU
- Location: Student Center - room 162 - first floor behind the Auxiliary Services\Meal Plan Office
- Phone: 973-655-4147
- E-mail: Cardservices@mail.montclair.edu
- Twitter: @MSU_AuxServices
Office hours while fall/spring semester classes are in session:
Mondays - 8:30am-6:00pm*
Tuesdays - 8:30am-4:30pm
Wednesdays - 8:30am-4:30pm
Thursdays - 8:30am-6:00pm*
Fridays - 8:30am-4:30pm
Saturdays\Sundays - CLOSED
*Excluding final exam periods and Spring Break*
The ID Card Office follows University closings for holidays and weather related situations.
Welcome new students for fall 2018!
If you are on campus taking your Placement Tests, don't forget to stop by the ID Card Office to have your photo taken for your University ID card! Photos can also be submitted online through the Online Card Office and Red Hawk Dollars app. Your New Student Deposit will need to have been credited to your NEST account 48 hours prior, otherwise your accounts will not be in the systems.
If you are planning or thinking about living on campus, please be sure to have your photo taken or submitted online no later than 48 hours prior to orientation so that you will receive your ID card during summer orientation. Your ID card will be required at residence check in. Get your ID card at orientation so it is one less thing to do on Move In Day!
Didn't get your ID card at orientation?
If you attended an orientation, but did not receive your University ID card, you still have the option to submit a photo online and pick your card up at the ID Card Office during normal business hours. Please obtain your ID card prior to your scheduled date to move into residence.
*Please note that in order to successfully log in to submit your photo, you will still need to have met the requirements listed under "Submitting a Photo Online"*
Please allow 24 hours (business days only) for online photos to be approved.
Submitting a Photo Online
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates can log into the Online Card Office with your net ID and password and upload your photo. Photos are to be the equivalent of a driver's license or passport photo.
1. New Student Deposit must have been credited to your NEST account 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.
2. Activated your Net ID 48 hours prior to log in attempt.
3. If you are not required to pay a New Student Depsoit , you must be registered for classes 48 hours prior to login attempt or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.
4. Faculty, staff, and affiliates - CWID and Net ID will need to be active 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office to submit a photo online or photo taken in the office.
5. Photos submitted online are only processed during normal business hours and take up to 24 hours to process. You will receive an automated email indication whether your photo is accepted or rejected.
6. After your photo is approved - confirmed by an email message you will receive - proceed to the ID Card Office where you will be required to present two forms of identification (one form of identification must be a federal\state issued photo ID). Fill out a tan\yellow card, present your identification, and your ID card will be printed out.
Online Card Office
Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24\7 service to:
- Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
- View your current use of Red Hawk Dollars, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
- Upload a photo for your ID card Online Photo Submit
Photos submitted online should be equivalent to a driver's license and passport photos.
You can smile for your University ID Photo!
- How to upload your photo from the Online Card Office Photo Upload Instructions
- How to upload your photo from your iPhone or Android device Photo Upload using RHD App Instructions
ID Card Policy
Every student\faculty\staff\contractor\affiliate on campus is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (ID Card). Montclair State University ID Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.
Faculty\staff\University affiliates are able to get their ID card processed 48 hours after their CWID # has been generated. Photos can be submitted online or taken in the ID Card Office.
Students living or potentially living on campus
Students are required to obtain their University ID card at orientation if requesting a housing assignment or potentially living on campus. Residence hall check in process requires presenting your University ID card at the time of check in. Submit your photo online to revceive your University ID card at orientation and be ready for Move In Day!
In order to obtain an ID card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to receive a University ID card,
2) Employees and contractors must have a CWID and paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):
- Valid photo driver's license
- Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
- Credit card\debit card
- Birth Certificate
- Military ID
- Health insurance card
There is no charge for the first University ID card issued with the exception for alumni.
Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting a University Alumni photo ID card processed. Please bring the paper alumni card that will be issued to you. The first alumni photo ID card is $5.00. Replacement photo ID cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.
**Important - Please do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University ID card.
Replacement ID Cards
Replace lost, stolen, or damaged ID cards at the ID Card Office (Student Center - lower level room 162). A replacement fee of $ 20.00 is charged in order to obtain a new card. The ID Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards. Cash or Red Hawk Dollars are accepted. Students can also have the charge billed to their student billing statement.
All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the time of requesting a replacement ID card for either themselves or family members.
ID cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's ID card. Violators are subject to judicial action and\or fines of $50.00 or more.
The University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.
ID cards are used on campus for the following purposes:
- Admittance into residence halls and rooms, select buildings and classrooms, computer labs, recreation center and gymnasium, athletic, social, and theater events
- Library text and video check out
- Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars, and Red Hawk Dollars accounts
- Kronos Time Clocks (select employees)
- Department Photo Copy Machines