Rocky holding an ID card.

Faculty, Staff and Affiliate ID Cards

All photos for ID cards must be submitted through and approved in the eAccounts website prior to processing your ID card.

Faculty, Staff and University Affiliates Need an ID Card

  • Identification
  • Door access to select buildings and classrooms
  • Memberships and admittance to the Recreation Center and gymnasium
  • Library text and video check out
  • Use of Meal Plans and Red Hawk Dollars accounts
  • Kronos time clocks (select employees)
  • Department photocopy machines

Necessary Requirements:

In order to obtain your employee ID card, you will need to meet the following:

  1. Faculty, staff, and University affiliates are able to get their ID card processed 48 hours after their CWID # have been generated and paperwork fully processed through Human Resources. If you are unsure if your CWID has been added to the ID card system, please call 973-655-4147 or email us directly at
  2. Present two forms of valid identification to obtain your University ID Card (one form of photo identification is mandatory). Examples of valid identification would be:
One from Column A One from Column B
Valid photo driver’s license Credit\debit card
Valid photo passport Birth certificate
Valid photo military ID card Health insurance card
Valid state photo ID card Previous school ID card
Signed Social Security card

Pictures on cell phones of identification will not be accepted. Actual documents must be presented. Door access privileges automatically update the next day after ID card processing. There is a $20.00 charge for replacement ID cards. Cash and Red Hawk Dollars are accepted for payment. Credit cards are not accepted for payment.

Helpful hints to submit a great photo:

  • Find\take a great photo of yourself! (Color photo only).
  • Crop from just above the top of your head to your shoulders. (Important – do not crop off any part of your head or the photo will be rejected!)
  • Look straight ahead into the camera.
  • Hats, sunglasses, emojis, hands, hair, making faces, or anything obstructing\touching your face is not permitted.
  • You must be the only person in the photo.
  • Use a flash to eliminate shadows on your face.
  • Stand against a light colored wall for the background.
  • Think of a driver’s license\passport photo but with a smile!


Please do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University ID card.