Each year, a faculty advisory committee selects a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive. The goals of this program are to:
- Provide a common intellectual experience
- Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate
- Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues
- Celebrate the written word
- Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners
- Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme
For our third selection, the Montclair Book Faculty Advisory Committee chose The Devil's Highway, by Luis Alberto Urrea. We hope you enjoy reading The Devil's Highway as much as we did!