Each year, a faculty advisory committee selects a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide a common intellectual experience
- Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate
- Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues
- Celebrate the written word
- Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners
- Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme
For our fifth selection, the Montclair Book Faculty Advisory Committee chose Elizabeth and Hazel: Two Women of Little Rock, by David Margolick. We hope you enjoy reading Elizabeth and Hazel as much as we did!
Click here to purchase Elizabeth and Hazel through Montclair State University's bookstore.
Click here to view the Montclair Book 2015 flyer.