The Center for Writing Excellence is available to all university students, faculty, staff and alumni who are committed to developing and improving as writers.
Sessions with experienced writing consultants are designed to provide help with every aspect of the writing process, with the goal of enabling writers to achieve long-term improvement, confidence and independence.
We welcome Montclair State writers at any stage of the writing process, in any discipline. Drop in to collaborate with a writing consultant. Grow as a writer.
And don’t miss the CWE Digital Dashboard, which is filled with online resources for writers, researchers and teachers ranging from grammar help to tips on evaluating writing and much more! Click on the link to our Digital Dashboard on the menu to the left to get started.
The Center for Writing Excellence now houses the Graduation Writing Requirement. On our GWR page, you will find a list of courses that currently meet this requirement, separated by college and major; the procedures for developing courses that meet this requirement; and useful information on Writing in the Disciplines and Writing Across the Curriculum.
News and Events
- APA Workshop Canceled, Rescheduled for Feb. 21Wednesday February 20, 2019
- Today, Feb. 20: Online Appointments Available Until 8pmWednesday February 20, 2019
- Spring Semester Writing WorkshopsWednesday February 13, 2019
- Spring Semester Sundays: Online Appointments OnlyMonday February 4, 2019
- CWE Reopens on Tuesday 2/5Monday February 4, 2019
- Online Appointments Available While CWE is Temporarily ClosedMonday January 28, 2019
2013-14 CCCC Winner
The CWE has been awarded the Conference on College Composition and Communication’s Writing Program Certificate of Excellence.