The Montclair Book Program is currently on hiatus.
Each year, a faculty advisory committee selects a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide a common intellectual experience
- Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate
- Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues
- Celebrate the written word
- Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners
- Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme
Feel free to visit the Montclair Book Archives to see what books have been chosen in the past.
If you have any questions regarding the Montclair Book Program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.