Safe Space Program
The Safe Space Program identifies faculty, staff and students who have completed our Safe Space training. Participants in the porgram work to end homophobia and heterosexism on campus and create a visible network of support for the LGBTQ community. Some of the people who display the sticker or button identify as part of the LGBTQ community, while others are allies to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or questioning individuals.
Only individuals who have gone through the Safe Space Program are able to display the sticker/button. If someone does not have a Safe Space sticker/button, it does not necessarily mean they are not LGBTQ affirming. If you don’t see a sticker on an office, look for other signs that the space is safe (i.e. rainbow flags, LGBTQ-themed books, etc).
There are a limited number of spaces available per session and pre-registration is required. We have both open and private sessions. Any member of the community can register for an open session. Closed sessions are available for departments, organziations, etc. To request a private session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All sessions are three hours.
- Saturday, September 28th, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, October 15th, 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, October 16th, 1pm-4pm
- Friday, October 25th, 8:45am-11:45am
- Saturday, November 16th, 11am-2pm
- Friday, November 22nd, 1pm-4pm
- Wednesday, December 4th, 9am-12pm
- Friday, December 6th, 1pm-4pm (FULL)
- Saturday, December 7th, 10am-1pm (FULL)
- Saturday, December 7th, 2pm-5pm (FULL)
- Sunday, December 8th, 1:30pm-4:30pm (FULL)
- Tuesday, December 10th, 10:30am-1:30pm (FULL)
- Wednesday, December 18th, 9am-4pm