Whether you are looking to socialize with your peers, meet new friends, or obtain services and support there are many ways to get involved at Montclair State! Some of those opportunities are listed below. For more information, drop by the LGBTQ Center or click on the links below.
Calendar of Events
Visit our Engage portal to see all of our upcoming events!
The LGBTQ Center creates space for undergraduate and graduate students who share similar identities to come together in a welcoming environment to build community, share experiences, and support one another. These clubs and groups are facilitated by trained Peer Educators and discussions are based on different topics each week.
- Beyond Binaries
- Men’s Group
- Queer and/or Trans People of Color (QTPoC)
- Transcending Boundaries
OSJD Ambassadors are undergraduate and graduate student volunteers who create opportunities for peer-to-peer engagement and education about social justice and diversity topics. As an OSJD Ambassador, students can serve in either a Peer Educator, Peer Facilitator, or Event Coordinator Role for the Office for Social Justice and Diversity (OSJD). Peer Educators facilitate our workshops, Peer Facilitators facilitate our discussion groups, and Event Coordinators support office initiatives such as program setup, planning, and execution. We recruit for OSJD Ambassadors every semester.
The LGBTQ Center does not have programming or groups for LGBTQ youth or non-MSU students. Below is a list of organizations with community groups and events for LGBTQ youth.
- Hetrick Martin Institute is the nation’s oldest and largest organization helping gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth to reach their full potential.
- HiTOPS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that fosters strong and healthy young people of all identities by providing inclusive and youth-informed sex education and LGBTQ+ support for young people throughout New Jersey.
- Hudson Pride Center is a home and voice for the diverse LGBTQ community and our allies that advocates for our physical, mental, social, and political well-being.
- North Jersey Pride RAD Family is a program for transgender and gender-expansive youth and their families.
- Out Montclair is dedicated to fostering community and providing support and solidarity for the LGBTQIA+ population of Montclair, NJ.