The Accessibility Concepts course provides an overview of accessibility and how it applies to Information and Communications Technology (ICT). It is designed for those who will be introduced to the different types of disabilities, assistive technology, business drivers for accessibility, and various accessibility standards.
Participants will communicate information surrounding accessibility, assistive technologies, user requirements, and applicable laws in their organization.
After completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define accessibility
- Identify business drivers of accessibility
- List and describe assistive technologies
- List users types with disabilities
- List several user requirements for individuals with disabilities
- List and describe applicable laws and standards
- Describe an accessibility testing and methodology process
This course has no prerequisites.
- Quality Assurance Specialists
- Content authors
- Social media and digital communications contributors
- Procurement personnel
- Human resource personnel
- Business Drivers
- Disability Types
- Laws and Regulations
- Assistive Technologies