The Department of Earth and Environmental Studies offers a suite of Sustainability Science programs including a BS and MS in Sustainability Science, a combined 5 year BS/MS in Sustainability Science, a Professional Science Masters in Sustainability Science, and graduate certificates in Geographic Information Science and Remote Sensing, Water Resource Management, and Environmental Forensics. The Department of Earth and Environmental Studies also houses the university-wide transdisciplinary PhD Program in Environmental Science and Management.
Montclair State University Sustainability programs lead the way in New Jersey in integrating natural and physical science with social science, economics, policy, and project management to prepare sustainability professionals and managers to tackle society’s most complex and pressing environmental problems. Our Sustainability Science programs are housed in the Department of Earth and Environmental Studies, and take advantage of expertise across campus including the College of Science and Mathematics, College of Humanities and Social Science, School of Business, and the PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies.
Our programs are designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of:
- Earth’s natural systems that support and nurture life.
- Human interactions with and influences on Earth’s systems
- The intersection of science, economics, law and policy
- Organizational approaches to sustainability issues in communities, businesses, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Project development and implementation, data collection, analysis, and interpretation, via either a thesis or applied internship project.
Sustainability professionals and managers are employed as:
Students interested in these career paths are best served by earning a degree in Sustainability Science degree. The Montclair State University Sustainability Science programs are the right curriculum, the right location, and the right choice for you.
Program Curriculum and Additional Information
- BS in Sustainability Science
- Minor in Sustainability Science
- Combined BS/MS in Sustainability Science
- MS in Sustainability Science
- MS in Sustainability Science, Sustainability Leadership Concentration – Online
- Environmental Forensics Certificate (ENVF)
- Geographic Information Science Certificate (GEIS)
- Water Resource Management Certificate Program (WRMA)
- PhD Program in Environmental Science and Management
- PSEG Institute for Sustainability Science
|If your last name begins with||Advisor||Room (CELS)||Phone|
|A – M||Dr. Clement Alo||402||973‑655‑7579|
|N – Z||Dr. Danlin Yu||314||973‑655‑4313|