The Graduate School at Montclair State University
The Graduate School provides leadership and direction for Montclair State University graduate programs. We strive to create a learning environment distinguished by high quality graduate programs aligned with the university’s overall teaching, research, and public service mission. The Graduate School and our dedicated faculty are committed to providing access to affordable academic programs for qualified graduate students from diverse backgrounds.
Together with the Graduate Council, The Graduate School:
- Continuously reviews the university’s graduate programs and policies
- Establishes and maintains appropriate admission and academic standards
- Encourages student inquiry and critical thinking
- Provides enhanced levels of professional competence
- Fosters research and scholarly activity
By combining theoretical and applied studies, each academic program aims to prepare the successful graduate for achievement in the workplace, future educational opportunities, informed participation in today’s increasingly complex world, and other leadership roles.