In today’s global economy, business practices change at the speed of light. At times, this breakneck pace can leave even the most seasoned professional feeling a bit behind the curve. To keep you on top of your game, our Accounting (post-baccalaureate) certificate offers opportunities to refresh crucial business skills and knowledge in a flexible and convenient program of study.
Along with the graduate certificate in accounting, the department also offers a Professional Accounting (Certificate) program, an Accounting (MS) degree, and a combined BS/MS degree in Accounting.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
Ideal candidates will hold either an undergraduate degree in business or a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Accounting (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Standardized Test Scores: Not required.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
- Resume: A current resume is not required, but applicants are encouraged to include one.
Complete 5 courses in Accounting as designated by the program coordinator.
The courses required for this 15 credit certificate are ACCT 512, ACCT 520, ACCT 521, ACCT 523. For more information, please visit the Accounting Certificate program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Accounting (Post-Baccalaureate Certificate) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*
Program Coordinator: Dr. James Digabriele
Office: School of Business 376