Dual Degree Program: Master of Public Health/Master of Business Administration
As the need for healthcare administrators and managers is continuously growing, graduates of our new MPH/MBA Dual degree program will be uniquely prepared to fill the increasing number of positions in the healthcare management industry in the tristate area and beyond.
In a dual-degree program, specific courses count towards the completion of both degrees simultaneously, allowing students to expedite earning both their MBA and MPH degrees.
The Master’s of Public Health (MPH)/Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) Dual degree program is shaped around the following goals:
- Health promotion with an emphasis on improving health equity
- Assuring access to high quality, accessible and efficient health systems and services
- Instilling core business competencies, with a real-world focus on innovative problem solving and global strategic thinking
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the application page for international students to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all of corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission for Fall Only.
- Submit Online Application: Please submit your application by following the general application instructions. Follow the instructions in the application to apply the waiver for the application fee when you submit your application. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Dual Degree Program: Master of Public Health/Master of Business Administration:
- Transcript: One from each college attended
- Essays/Personal Statement: The MBA and MPH programs each have their own particular lens, not easily shared by taking only one or two courses in the other program.The MPH curriculum is shaped around the core public health principles of health equity and social justice, as the means to improve the healthcare system and population health. The MBA curriculum is shaped around instilling core business competencies, with a real-world focus on innovative problem solving and global strategic thinking.
Write a brief 500-1000 word statement about why your career goals or previous experiences lead you to pursue a dual degree that addresses both of these.
Please note that this statement is your opportunity to demonstrate your written communication skills as well as your interest in the MBA.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Resume: Required.
- Standardized Test Scores: GRE (All applicants with an earned bachelor’s or master’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above will automatically receive a GRE waiver. All applicants that are in their last term of their undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.9 or above will automatically receive a GRE waiver.)
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
For more information about the curriculum, please visit the Public Health – Health Systems Administration Concentration (M.P.H.)/Business Administration (M.B.A.) – Dual Degree Program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding the Dual Degree Program: Master of Public Health/Master of Business Administration, please contact: