Project Management (Certificate)
The new Project Management Certificate prepares aspiring and practicing business and technology professionals interested in project management with the practical knowledge and skills required to coordinate, facilitate, manage and lead projects and other initiatives. In today’s competitive business, the discipline of project management is viewed as the best and most effective way to implement one-time endeavors that are often large scale, complex and cross-functional.
Our program offers these unique value propositions:
- Pace and Speed: The program can be completed as quickly as 8 months, with most of the courses being offered online.
- Depth and Breadth: This program is jointly created by the Management and Information Management and Data Analytics Departments, providing our students with seven 1.5 credit courses for a total of 10.5 credits.
- Leadership: Dr. Te Wu, the course’s lead faculty member, has several certifications in project management, including: PMP, PgMP, PfMP and PMI-RMP. He also serves in multiple capacities with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global, PMI – New Jersey, PMI – New York City, the American National Standard Institute and the International Standard Organization Technical Committees for Project Management.
- Alignment with PMI Certifications: Given the close relation between Dr. Te Wu and the PMI, this program’s curriculum is aligned with the latest PMI standards and prepares our students for their certification exams.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Project Management (Certificate) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career?
- Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Resume: Required.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
The academic program for this certificate is composed of seven, one and half credit graduate-level courses or 10.5 credits. For more information, please visit the Project Management (Certificate) program listing in the University Catalog.
Download a course brochure or if you have more questions, review our FAQ or visit our home page. You can also ask us questions by completing this short form or contact Ms. April Sime at email@example.com or 973-655-7655.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Project Management (Certificate) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*