Teacher of Students with Disabilities / Inclusive Education for Early Childhood (P-3) Teachers (Instructional Certification)
The Teacher of Students with Disabilities program designed to provide graduate students with certification to teach students with disabilities (TSD) in P-3 settings. Students who apply to this program must have a bachelor’s degree and P-3 teacher certification or the equivalent.
Please refer to our teacher education and certification page for information on other options in teacher education as well as our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
This program is for prospective students who are already possess a standard New Jersey Early Childhood (P-3) instructional certificate. The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the international applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Teacher of Students with Disabilities / Inclusive Education for Early Childhood (P-3) Teachers (Instructional Certification) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Statement of Purpose; Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions:
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
For curriculum information, please visit the program listing in the course catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Teacher of Students with Disabilities / Inclusive Education for Early Childhood (P-3) Teachers (Instructional Certification) Program Coordinator:
Program Coordinator: Priya Lalvani
Office: University Hall 3163