Water and Resource Management Certificate – Graduate
This program has been suspended indefinitely.
Because water is such a critical aspect of our physical and human environment, all of our programs require some understanding of water systems and water management including physical water cycles, physics and chemistry of rock-water interactions, human impact on water supplies due to pollution and overuse, water use policy-making, and water resource management. As such, we have assembled a faculty in our department with the expertise to support the water-related aspects of our programs.
This certificate program in Water Resource Management takes advantage of our faculty expertise by assembling our water-related courses into one coherent program rather than simply a series of discrete courses taken as part of several different degree programs. This certificate provides an integrated sequence of courses covering drainage basin-scale cycling of water, water contamination, surface and groundwater modeling, and water-related policy and resource management issues.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the international applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Water and Resource Management Certificate Program – Graduate:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Statement of Purpose: Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions:
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Water and Resource Management Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*