The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Montclair State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
School of Nursing
RN to BSN Degree
Take your nursing career to the next level with our RN to BSN degree. This innovative program is designed to fit the needs of current licensed registered nurses.
4-year BSN Degree
The demand for highly skilled nurses is growing – and we’re ready. You will be too. Prepare for a career in this exciting field with our comprehensive four-year bachelor of science in nursing degree program. This exciting new program at Montclair State only accepts applications from incoming freshmen, as directed by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
Master of Science in Nursing
We are pleased to offer a new, 35-credit Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program, starting fall semester of 2018.
Led by our top-tier nursing faculty, the progressive curriculum will prepare you for concentrations in Nursing Administration, Nursing Education or Clinical Research. The online format lets you earn your degree—in your time—in your way.
As a public university, Montclair State is among the most affordable options in the state. To further assist you in meeting your goals, our Office of Student Financial Aid works with you to identify scholarships, grants and loans from federal, state and institutional sources. At Montclair State, 78 percent of our undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
The School of Nursing is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that includes mediated classrooms, computer study areas, a nursing skills laboratory, anatomy laboratory, and high-fidelity and home care simulation rooms.
A Reputation for Excellence
Montclair State University is recognized across New Jersey and the nation as a top choice in higher education by publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and Money.
Our academic and health care-related certifications include:
- Accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (Athletic Training major, BS, Department of Exercise Science and Physical Education, College of Education and Human Services)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Didactic Program in Dietetics, baccalaureate level, Dietetic Internship, Department of Health and Nutrition Sciences)
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) – Counseling, MA
- Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- CAA has accredited the MA concentration in Speech-Language Pathology and the doctoral program in Audiology (PhD) in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, College of Humanities and Social Sciences