Computing Technology (Certificate) Online
The online graduate certificate in Computing Technology provides basic foundational knowledge in the field of computer science and information technology. Students will learn the fundamentals of computer software programming and computer hardware, as well as, discrete mathematics and data structures and algorithms. The 4-course certificate provides a standalone credential for career-building and advancement opportunities and can be completed in less than a year. Additionally, this certificate can be used as a bridge program for the online MS in Information Technology, Applied Information Technology (Professional Science Master’s) to transition students from unrelated fields who may not have the requisite knowledge in computer science.
- 100% online and geared toward working professionals
- Affordable tuition
- 16 credit hours
- CSIT-501: Java Programming
- CSIT-502: Computer Systems Principles
- CSIT-503: Data Structures
- CSIT-504: Discrete Mathematics in Computing
If any of the following scenarios describe you, the Computing Technology certificate program is a great next step. We welcome you to apply.
- I’m an IT professional interested in growing my knowledge base (and therefore my career).
- I’m a business professional who is passionate about IT and want to gain a stronger foothold in the industry.
- I’m an IT-focused professional who wants to focus on expanding my programming and computing skills.
- I’m an IT professional desiring to bridge the gap between my career history and future goals.
In order to be considered for admission into the program please submit:
- An application.
- Official copies of the academic transcript from each college and/or university attended, documenting an earned undergraduate degree. Electronic transcripts are recommended to expedite the application process. You can often request this directly from your institution or by using electronic processing through sites such as the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
The most recent US Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook anticipates increasing demand for training information technology specialists, which include individuals trained to manage, create or utilize computer systems and networks, software and databases.
Complete a customizable career survey to explore job descriptions, salary expectations, career demand, degree program options and more!
Information technology is one of today’s most in-demand career fields, both in the United States and around the world. There is an ever-increasing need for professionals with cutting-edge expertise in the field. Our programs are fully-accredited, affordable and designed to fit the needs of your busy schedule.
View our on-demand webinar to hear from the program coordinator.
If you have general questions regarding the application process and admission requirements, please call or email your recruitment coordinator:
If you have specific questions about the program and would like academic advisement, please contact your Graduate Program Coordinator.
Coordinator: Dr. Boxiang Dong