Get the new Statewide COVID-19 App
Some 140,000 people are already using the new smartphone app from the NJ Department of Health, which can alert you if you’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Consider adding this app to your phone, and please tell your friends and family about it. The more people who have it, the better it will work.
- The COVID Alert app is free via the App Store and Google Play Store. Go to: covid19.nj.gov/pages/app
- Opt in to “exposure notifications” on the app. This will allow you to know if you have been in close contact with someone who has the app and has tested positive for COVID-19.
COVID-19 Testing Available At Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health offers COVID-19 testing sites in your neighborhood, whether you are asymptomatic, have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. To find out more about testing options with a prescription, without a prescription, or even if you are without symptoms, please click here.
Tobacco Cessation Resources
Through funding from the New Jersey Department of Health, New Jersey residents now have access to 11 Quit Centers throughout the state. These quit centers provide residents of New Jersey with the resources to stop or reduce their tobacco use, including free smoking cessation services and nicotine replacement patches. Provided below is the contact information for local NJ Quit Centers near Montclair State University.
Hackensack Meridian Community Smoking Cessation Treatment Center (CSCTC)
- Passaic County & Hudson County
RWJBH IFPR Quit Center
- Essex, Union, Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth & Ocean Counties
Quit Telephone Line
NJ Quitline is a free multilingual telephone-counseling service for smokers who are ready to quit. Live counselors are available Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Services are confidential and are at the convenience for the individual in need.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- National Sleep Foundation
- Sleep and Stress Relief
- Sleep and Your Immune System: What You Need to Know
- Sleep Deprivation in College Students: How to Cope
- Is There a Link Between Insomnia and Depression?
- How College Students Can Prioritize Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- How Much Sleep Do College Students Need?
- Additional Sleep Resources