Health Insurance Waiver & Enrollment Information
- Deadline to waive or enroll: Monday, March 9, 2020
- Waiver to be completed online on the Aetna Waiver website.
- Need Help? Check out our How To Guide
- For further questions call Aetna: 877-480-4161
All Full-Time Students Must Have Health Insurance
Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for undergraduate, 9 or more credits for graduate) to carry health insurance. All full time students are automatically charged and must take action if they wish to waive the fee. The waiver website opens the week of December 16, 2019.
|Insurance Premium 2020 Spring/Summer||Coverage Valid 01/02/20-08/14/20|
Waive or Purchase Your University Health Insurance
- Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate (12 credits or more) and graduate students (9 credits or more) to carry health insurance.
- If you wish to waive the University Health Insurance, you must provide proof of alternative coverage by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Monday, March 9, 2020.
- If you wish to enroll (purchase) the University Health Insurance, administered by Aetna Student Health, you may self-enroll prior to the University enrollment period. The enrollment website will open the week of December 16, 2019.
- If you do not complete a waiver by Monday, March 9, 2020, or self-enroll, you will be automatically enrolled in the Aetna University Health Insurance after the waiver deadline.
- Copies of your insurance card submitted to the Office of Student Accounts or any other Montclair State office does not constitute a waiver and is not acceptable. All waivers must be completed online by Monday, March 9, 2020. (Remember to include the letter “M” before CWID on the waiver form.)
- Students who do not complete a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- Students who waive their insurance in the fall may not enroll in the spring semester.
- Following Aetna requirements, the University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide documentation.
- A valid insurance card must be available when submitting the insurance waiver. Pending insurance coverage or a letter from your employer or third company is NOT acceptable.