Applications for the BA/MA program in General Psychology are due February 1st of their junior year. Only matriculated Montclair State students are eligible to apply. Candidates are notified of their status in April of their junior year.
To apply candidates must have:
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- a minimum psychology major GPA of 3.5
- a grade of B or better in PSYC 220 and PSYC 301
- two letters of recommendation from Montclair State faculty
- 108 credits by the Fall of the senior year
- completion of all core psychology courses for the undergraduate psychology major: PSYC 101, 203, 220, & 301 (preferrably by the end of the sophomore year)
- completion of 18 additional credits (12 credits in 300-level psychology courses, which must include at least one in each of the four core disciplines: biological, developmental, learning & cognition, and social psychology and 6 credits in two stat courses: STATS 442 and STATS 481)
- copy of SAT scores (students can use the SAT scores submitted with their undergraduate application to Montclair State University)
- a personal essay
- an additional writing sample
The application for the BA/MA program can be found on The Graduate School's website. Applicants may begin the application process at any time and continue to submit credentials along the way. You don't need to start and finish the application in one sitting.