Applications for the BA/MA program in General Psychology must apply by February 1st of their sophomore year. Only matriculated Montclair State students are eligible to apply. Candidates are notified of their status in April of their sophomore year.
To apply candidates must have:
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- a minimum psychology major GPA of 3.5
- a grade of B or better in PSYC 220 and PSYC 301
- two letters of recommendation from Montclair State faculty
- 108 credits by the Fall of the senior year
- completion of all core psychology courses for the undergraduate psychology major: PSYC 101, 203, 220, & 301 (preferrably by the end of the sophomore year)
- completion of 18 additional credits (12 credits in 300-level psychology courses, which must include at least one in each of the four core disciplines: biological, developmental, learning & cognition, and social psychology and 6 credits in two stat courses: STATS 442 and STATS 481)
- copy of SAT scores (if available)
- a personal essay
- an additional writing sample
The application for the BA/MA program can be obtained from one of the committee members. Applicants may begin the application process at any time and continue to submit credentials along the way. You don't need to start and finish the application in one sitting.