Point of entry 1: High School Students applying to Montclair State University:
- Students must indicate that they are applying to BA/MA program.
- Students must satisfy all other MSU application requirement.
- Students must satisfy the BA/MA entrance requirements in the middle of their sophomore year (see below).
Point of entry 2: Current Montclair State University sophomore students:
- Applicants for the BA/MA program in General Psychology must apply by February 1st of their sophomore year. Only matriculated Montclair State students are eligible to apply.
- Student must satisfy the BA/MA entrance requirements (see below).
BA/MA entrance requirements (this applies to all students regardless of point of entry):
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- A minimum psychology major GPA of 3.5.
- A grade of B or better in PSYC 220.
- Completion of all core psychology courses for the undergraduate psychology major (PSYC 101, 203, 220, 301) by the end of the sophomore year.
- An ability to complete 108 credits by the begining of the Fall semester of the senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation from Montclair State faculty.
- Copy of SAT scores (if available).
- A personal essay.
- An additional writing sample from PSYC 203.
For sophomores, the application for the BA/MA program is currently done on paper and forms can be obtained from The link below. Applicants may begin the application process at any time and continue to submit credentials through February 1st.
For freshmen, application to the program is done through the CANVAS system.
Candidates are notified of their status by April of their sophomore year.