Due to COVID-19, the Psychology Department is working on a virtual schedule. E-mail is the best form of initial communication at this time.
- If you are an undergraduate student seeking to contact the main office for advising please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help you from there.
- For inquiries pertaining to the clinical graduate programs, please email email@example.com.
- For I/O and Psychological Sciences inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to contact a specific faculty member please use the contact information on our faculty page.
The Psychology Department at Montclair State University is a community of diverse scholars and teachers who work to ensure that students in our undergraduate and graduate programs are able to use the science of psychology to understand the world and its people. We strive to help students learn the value of evidence-based practices in understanding, predicting, controlling and solving problems in a complex, diverse and information-rich world. Students develop critical thinking skills by applying theoretical conceptions of experience using scientific methods and statistical procedures to improve understanding. We further achieve our mission by demonstrating that psychological science does improve and impact humanity.
Faculty members engage in:
- Inspired teaching to support student learning and success
- Thoughtful research to understand and improve the human condition
- Exemplary service to the broader community
Our majors, minors and graduate students benefit from our approach to become competent decision makers across life’s opportunities.