The University Mission Statement includes the following:

All University programs will develop in students the ability to discover, create, evaluate, apply, and share knowledge in a climate characterized by tolerance and openness in the exploration of ideas.

The College Mission Statement includes:

Through an array of discovery-based courses and research opportunities, the College encourages learning of science and mathematics for all University students.

The mission statement of the Department states

"The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is dedicated to teaching chemistry and biochemistry in a stimulating environment that provides ample opportunity for hands on experimentation and individual research." 

With these statements in mind, all students within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry are encouraged to participate in research projects under the supervision of the faculty. If you are interested in research view the requirements and download the Research Application‌.