Montclair State University has articulation agreements with other universities that allow students to complete a BS in Chemistry or Biochemistry at Montclair State and an advanced degree elsewhere, usually in a shorter amount of time than if the two degrees were completed independently. The application process, schedule, selection criteria, and other aspects of the articulation agreements vary from program to program. Contact your advisor for a particular program if you have additional questions.
Available Articulation Programs
- BS/MD Medical program with Rutgers University (8-year program)
Health Careers Program students only, contact Donna Lorenzo, email@example.com or 973-655-4415, for more information
- BS/PharmD Doctor of Pharmacy Program with Rutgers University
Advisor: Dr. Dyer (RICH 225H)
To apply to one of these programs at Montclair State University, please contact admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montclair State University no longer participates in the joint 7-year BS/MD program administered by Rutgers University, which required students to complete their undergraduate degree in 3 years. Students interested in pursuing medical, dental, optometry, veterinary or other health professions should work closely with our faculty and professional advisors throughout their undergraduate program to identify, and best prepare, for professional program options.
See your Faculty Advisor to:
- Get general advice about coursework, curriculum, and career options
- Discuss academic problems and available resources
Note: Find your faculty advisor on NEST
See the Departmental Administrator or Department Chair to:
- Discuss issues that your advisor was unable to resolve
- Get initial advising as an incoming transfer student
- Get a credit adjustment to correct issues on your degree audit
- Get a Work at Another Institution form approved (note: must be stamped by the registrar first)
- Get approval for course overload and other things requiring approval of the chair
See the Director of Career Services to:
- Get co-op and internship approvals
General advising for CSAM students is also available. Visit Academic Advising for CSAM Students to learn more!