The Chemistry and Biochemistry department offers two majors leading to degrees of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Biochemistry. A student who chooses the chemistry major will be prepared for graduate study in chemistry or biochemistry, for professional employment or professional education in fields related to science, or for teacher certification.
Biochemistry majors will emerge with a strong background in the basic sciences and mathematics as well as biochemistry qualifying them for graduate study in biochemistry or professional employment.
With appropriate elective course selections, students in either major can satisfy the requirements for pre-health professional programs, pre-medical, pre-dental or pre-chiropractic. Our undergraduate programs also meet the criteria established by the American Chemical Society (ACS) allowing students that complete the proper sequence of courses to receive the American Chemical Society (ACS) Certification.
Sponsoring a challenging honors program for academically outstanding chemistry majors (GPA > 3.70), an undergraduate research program, and offering cooperative education work experiences the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is cimmitted to helping our students not only succeed, but excel! Those interested should see the department chairperson for information.
- BS in Biochemistry (BICM)
- BS in Chemistry (CHEM)
- BS in Chemistry, Teacher Certification in Chemistry, Preschool-Grade 12 (CHED)
- BS in Chemistry, Teacher Certification in Physical Science, Preschool-Grade 12 (CHPS)
- BS/MAT in Chemistry, Teacher Certification in Chemistry, Preschool-Grade 12, and Teacher of Students with Disabilities (CCBM)
- BS/MAT in Chemistry, Teacher Certification in Physical Science, Preschool-Grade 12, and Teacher of Students with Disabilities (CSBM)
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Combined Undergraduate (CHBM)