ID Card Office
One Card Office@MSU
- Location: Student Center - ICAA First Floor behind the Computer Lab
- Phone: 973-655-4147
- E-mail: Cardservices@mail.montclair.edu
Class In Session Schedule (during spring and fall semesters when classes are in session) is in effect begining Janaury 25, 2016:
When classes are not in session, the hours of operation are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Online Card Office
Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24\7 service to:
- Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
- View your current use of Red Hawk Dollars, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
- Upload a photo for your ID card Online Photo Submit
Photos submitted online should be equivalent to a driver's license and passport photos.
You can smile for your University ID Photo!
- How to upload your photo from the Online Card Office Photo Upload Instructions
- How to upload your photo from your iPhone or Android Photo Upload using RHD App Instructions
I.D. Card Policy
Every student\faculty\staff\contractor is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (I.D. Card). Montclair State University I.D. Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.
Faculty\staff\contractors are able to get their ID card processed 24-48 hours after their CWID # has been generated. Photos can be submitted online or taken in the ID Card Office.
In order to obtain an I.D. card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to receive a University ID card,
2) Employees and contractors must have a CWID and paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):
- Valid photo driver's license
- Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
- Credit card\debit card
- Birth Certificate
- Military I.D.
- Health insurance card
There is no charge for the first University I.D. card issued with the exception for alumni.
Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting a University Alumni photo I.D. card processed. Please bring the paper alumni card that will be issued to you. The first alumni photo I.D. card is $5.00. Replacement photo I.D. cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.
Do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University I.D. card.
If the I.D. card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement fee of $ 20.00 will be charged in order to obtain a new card. The I.D. Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards.
Students may pay fees for replacement I.D. cards with cash, Red Hawk Dollars, or have the fee posted to the student WESS account at the time of replacement. Please review WESS accounts for any updates or changes to billing statements.
All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the time of requesting a replacement I.D. card for either themselves or family members.
I.D. cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's I.D. card. Violators are subject to judicial action and\or fines of $50.00 or more.
The University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.
I.D. cards are used on campus for the following purposes:
- Admittance into residence halls and select classrooms, computer labs, recreation center and gymnasium, athletic, social, and theater events
- Library text and video check out
- Student discounts
- Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars, and Red Hawk Dollars accounts
- Kronos Time Clocks
- Select Photo Copy Machines