ID Card Office
One Card Office@MSU
- Location: Student Center - ICAA First Floor behind the Computer Lab
- Phone: 973-655-4147
- E-mail: Cardservices@mail.montclair.edu
ID Card Office Late Summer Hours of Operation
Monday, August 17, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Friday, August 21, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Saturday, August 22, 2015 Closed
Sunday, August 23, 2015 Closed
Monday, August 24, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Friday, August 28, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Saturday, August 29, 2015 Closed
Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:30am-5:30pm Move In Day
Monday, August 31, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Thursday, September 03, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Friday, September 04, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
Saturday, September 05, 2015 Closed
Sunday, September 06, 2015 Closed
Monday, September 07, 2015 Closed Labor Day Holiday
Tuesday, September 08, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Wednesday, September 09, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:30am-6:00pm
Friday, September 11, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
ID Office Hours of Operation while classes are in session:
When classes are not in session our hours of operation are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Online Card Office
Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24/7 service to:
- Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
- View your current use of Red Hawk, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
- Upload a photo for your ID card. Online Photo Submit
Photos submitted online should be the equivalent to a driver's licesne and passport photo
You can smile for your University ID Photo!
- How to upload your photo from the Online Card Office. Photo Upload Instructions
- How to upload your photo from your iPhone or Android. Photo Upload using RHD App Instructions
- Photos submitted online should be the equivalent to a driver's licesne and passport photo
- You can smile for your University ID Photo
I.D. Card Policy
Every student/faculty/staff member is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (I.D. Card). Montclair State University I.D. Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.
Faculty and staff are able to get their ID card processed 24-48 hours after their CWID # has been generated. Photos can be submitted online or taken in the ID Card Office.
In order to obtain an I.D. card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to get a University ID card,
2) Employees must have paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):
- Valid photo driver's license
- Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
- Credit card /debit card
- Birth Certificate
- Military I.D.
- Health insurance card
There is no charge for the initial University I.D. card issued with the exception for alumni.
Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting an Alumni University photo I.D. card processed and bring the paper alumni card issued. The first alumni photo I.D. card is $5.00. Replacement photo I.D. cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.
Do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University I.D. card.
If the I.D. card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement fee of $ 20.00 will be charged in order to obtain a new card. The I.D. Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards.
Students may pay fees for replacement I.D. cards with cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the I.D. Card office, at the time of replacement, or the fee can be posted to the student billing account. Please review WESS accounts for any updates or changes to billing statements.
All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the time of requesting a replacement I.D. card for either themselves or family members.
I.D. cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's I.D. card. Violators are subject to judicial action and/or fines of $50.00 or more.
Beginning January 2, 2014 Temporary ID cards and Computer Lab Paper Passes will not be accepted or distributed. A photo University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.
I.D. cards are used on campus for the following purposes:
- Admittance into residence halls, dining facilities, computer lab, pool, gym, field house, and athletic events
- Library text and video check out
- Student discounts
- Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars and Red Hawk Dollar accounts
- Kronos Time Clocks