ID Card Office
One Card Office@MSU
- Location: Student Center - ICAA First Floor behind the Computer Lab
- Phone: 973-655-4147
- E-mail: email@example.com
ID Office Hours of Operation:
July 2014 Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays Closed
June 30 - July 3, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:30AM-4:30PM
July 7 - 10, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
July 14 - 17, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
July 21 - 24, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
July 28 - 31, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
August 4 - 7, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
August 11 - 14, 2014 Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:30PM
August 18 - 22, 2014 Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
August 25 - 29, 2014 Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Online Card Office
Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24/7 service to:
- Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
- View your current use of Red Hawk, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
- Upload a photo for your ID card. Online Photo Submit
- How to upload your photo from the Online Card Office. Photo Upload Instructions
- How to upload your photo from your iPhone or Android. Photo Upload using RHD App Instructions
I.D. Card Policy
Every student/faculty/staff member is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (I.D. Card). Montclair State University I.D. Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.
In order to obtain an I.D. card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to get a University ID card,
2) Employees must have paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):
- Valid photo driver's license
- Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
- Credit card /debit card
- Birth Certificate
- Military I.D.
- Health insurance card
There is no charge for the initial University I.D. card issued with the exception for alumni.
Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting an Alumni University photo I.D. card processed and bring the paper alumni card issued. The first alumni photo I.D. card is $5.00. Replacement photo I.D. cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.
Do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University I.D. card.
If the I.D. card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement fee of $ 20.00 will be charged in order to obtain a new card. The I.D. Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards.
Students may pay fees for replacement I.D. cards with cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the I.D. Card office, at the time of replacement, or the fee can be posted to the student billing account. Please review WESS accounts for any updates or changes to billing statements.
All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk dollars at the time of requesting a replacement I.D. card for either themselves or family members.
I.D. cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's I.D. card. Violators are subject to judicial action and/or fines of $50.00 or more.
Beginning January 2, 2014 Temporary ID cards and Computer Lab Paper Passes will not be accepted or distributed. A photo University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.
I.D. cards are used on campus for the following purposes:
- Admittance into residence halls, dining facilities, computer lab, pool, gym, field house, and athletic events
- Library text and video check out
- Student discounts
- Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars and Red Hawk Dollar accounts
- Kronos Time Clocks