ID Card Office

One Card Office@MSU


We are now accepting & processing

Fall 2017 Account Credit Transfer forms!

Submit your form ASAP to beat the Fall Semester rush!

2016 Account Credit Transfer form

Email completed form to OR fax forms to 973-655-3427.


Didn't get your ID card at Orientation?

 If you have attended Orientation this Summer, but did not obtain your University ID card, you still have the option to submit a photo online and pick your card up in our office.

If you will be living on-campus, we strongly recommend obtaining your ID prior to your move-in date to avoid long waits and any issues that may occur on Move-in day.

*Please note that in order to successfully log in to submit your photo, you will still need to have met the requirements listed under "Submitting a Photo Online"*


Summer Office Hours:

Mondays - 8:00am-5:30pm

Tuesdays - 8:00am-5:30pm

Wednesdays - 8:00am-5:30pm

Thursdays - 8:00am-5:30pm

Fridays - CLOSED

Saturdays\Sundays - CLOSED

*Summer Office Hours end the week of August 14th*


 Regular Office Hours while fall and spring classes are in session:

Mondays - 8:30am-6:00pm

Tuesdays - 8:30am-4:30pm

Wednesdays - 8:30am-4:30pm

Thursdays - 8:30am-6:00pm

Fridays - 8:30am-4:30pm

Saturdays\Sundays - CLOSED

*Excluding Exam periods and Spring Break*

The ID Card Office follows University closings for
       holidays and weather related situations.


 To freeze lost or stolen ID cards 24\7, please visit the Online Card Office.  ID cards can only be unfrozen in person at the ID Card Office.


Submitting a Photo Online

Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates can log into the Online Card Office with your net ID and password and upload your photo.  Photos are to be the equivalent of a driver's license or passport photo.

Requirements are:

           1.  Admissions deposit must have been credited to your NEST account 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.

           2.  Activated your Net ID 48 hours prior to log in attempt.

           3.  If you are not required to pay an Admission's deposit, you must be registered for classes 48 hours prior to login attempt or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.

           4.  Faculty, staff, and affiliates  - CWID and Net ID will need to be active 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office to submit a photo online.


Online Card Office

Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24\7 service to:

  • Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
  • Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
  • View your current use of Red Hawk Dollars, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
  • Upload a photo for your ID card Online Photo Submit           

                 Photos submitted online should be equivalent to a driver's
                 license and passport photos.

                 You can smile for your University ID Photo!


ID Card Policy

Every student\faculty\staff\contractor on campus is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (ID Card).  Montclair State University ID Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.


Faculty\staff\University affiliates are able to get their ID card processed 48 hours after their CWID # has been generated.  Photos can be submitted online or taken in the ID Card Office.


Necessary requirements

In order to obtain an ID card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to receive a University ID card,
2) Employees and contractors must have a CWID and paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):

  • Valid photo driver's license
  • Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
  • Credit card\debit card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Military ID
  • Health insurance card



There is no charge for the first University ID card issued with the exception for alumni. 

Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting a University Alumni photo ID card processed. Please bring the paper alumni card that will be issued to you.  The first alumni photo ID card is $5.00.  Replacement photo ID cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.


**Important - Please do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University ID card.

If the ID card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement fee of $ 20.00 will be charged in order to obtain a new card.  The ID Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards.  Cash or Red Hawk Dolalrs are accepted.  Students can also have the charge billed to their student billing statement.

All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the time of requesting a replacement ID card for either themselves or family members. 

ID cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's ID card.  Violators are subject to judicial action and\or fines of $50.00 or more.

The University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.



ID cards are used on campus for the following purposes:

  • Admittance into residence halls and rooms, select buildings and  classrooms, computer labs, recreation center and gymnasium, athletic, social, and theater events
  • Library text and video check out
  • Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars, and Red Hawk Dollars accounts
  • Kronos Time Clocks (select employees)
  • Department Photo Copy Machines



For Red Hawk Dollars information and Account Credit Transfer forms, please visit the Red Hawk Dollars web page.

How to transfer credit from financial aid and loans to Red Hawk Dollars to buy books, parking permits, etc.?

     Fill out and submit an Account Credit Transfer form.

     Please be sure to check NEST prior to submitting a form to confirm if credit is available and your Title IV status is "authorized".