ID Card Office
One Card Office@MSU
- Location: Student Center - ICAA First Floor behind the Computer Lab
- Phone: 973-655-4147
- E-mail: Cardservices@mail.montclair.edu
Summer 2016 Administrative & Academic Office Hours
Monday, July 11 - Thursday, August 19
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Closed
Regular office hours resume on Monday, August 22: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates can log into the Online Card Office with your net ID and password and upload your photo. Photos are to be the equivalent of a driver's license or passport photo.
1. Admissions deposit must have been credited to your student account 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.
2. Activated your Net ID 48 hours prior to log in attempt.
3. If you are not required to pay an Admission's deposit, you must be registered for classes 48 hours prior to login attempt or having your photo taken in the ID Card Office.
4. Faculty, staff, and affiliates - CWID and Net ID will need to be active 48 hours prior to being able to log into the Online Card Office to submit a photo online.
Online Card Office
Visit the University's Online Card Office for 24\7 service to:
- Purchase Red Hawk Dollars with your Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Freeze your ID card if it's lost or stolen
- View your current use of Red Hawk Dollars, Flex Dollars and/or meal plan
- Upload a photo for your ID card Online Photo Submit
Photos submitted online should be equivalent to a driver's
license and passport photos.
You can smile for your University ID Photo!
- How to upload your photo from the Online Card Office Photo Upload Instructions
- How to upload your photo from your iPhone or Android device Photo Upload using RHD App Instructions
ID Card Policy
Every student\faculty\staff\contractor on campus is required to have a University-issued Photo Identification Card (ID Card). Montclair State University ID Cards must be carried at all times while on campus.
Faculty\staff\University affiliates are able to get their ID card processed 48 hours after their CWID # has been generated. Photos can be submitted online or taken in the ID Card Office.
In order to obtain an ID card:
1) Students registered for the current term 48 hours prior to processing an ID card. You must be currently registered to receive a University ID card,
2) Employees and contractors must have a CWID and paperwork fully processed through Human Resources 48 hours prior to processing an ID card,
3) Bring two forms of identification (mandatory one form of photo identification):
- Valid photo driver's license
- Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
- Credit card\debit card
- Birth Certificate
- Military ID
- Health insurance card
There is no charge for the first University ID card issued with the exception for alumni.
Alumni members must first register with the Alumni Office prior to getting a University Alumni photo ID card processed. Please bring the paper alumni card that will be issued to you. The first alumni photo ID card is $5.00. Replacement photo ID cards for alumni are the current standard fee, $20.00.
Do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University ID card.
If the ID card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement fee of $ 20.00 will be charged in order to obtain a new card. The ID Card Office cannot accept debit or credit cards. Cash or Red Hawk Dolalrs are accepted. Students can also have the charge billed to their student billing statement.
All other card holders must pay cash or Red Hawk Dollars at the time of requesting a replacement ID card for either themselves or family members.
ID cards are not transferable and will be confiscated if you are found using someone else's ID card. Violators are subject to judicial action and\or fines of $50.00 or more.
The University ID card must be used to access all services affiliated with the University at all times.
ID cards are used on campus for the following purposes:
- Admittance into residence halls and rooms, select buildings and classrooms, computer labs, recreation center and gymnasium, athletic, social, and theater events
- Library text and video check out
- Use of Meal Plans, Flex Dollars, and Red Hawk Dollars accounts
- Kronos Time Clocks (select employees)
- Department Photo Copy Machines