Montclair State University Students
Montclair State University undergraduate students (who are not on the May Graduation List) and graduate students who are enrolled for the spring semester, and are in good academic standing, are eligible to register for Summer Sessions. Undergraduate students who are on the May Graduation List must be accepted for graduate study to become eligible to register for summer courses. Register now!
The following Montclair State University undergraduate students must contact the Office of Admissions to determine eligibility to register for Winter Session or Summer Sessions:
- Undergraduate students who are not enrolled for two consecutive fall or spring semesters prior to summer or winter session;
- Newly admitted part-time undergraduate students;
- All newly admitted transfer and readmitted students.
Web: Undergraduate Admissions
The following Montclair State University graduate students must contact the Graduate School to determine eligibility to register for Winter Session or Summer Sessions:
- Graduate students who are not enrolled for the semester prior to summer sessions or winter session;
- Newly admitted graduate students.
Course Overload Application- SUMMER AND WINTER SESSIONS ONLY
Eligibility: Available to full-time undergraduate* and visiting students only. Full-time undergraduate and visiting students are capped at 15 credit hours for summer sessions and 4 credit hours for winter sessions. Special permission is required to take a Course Overload of more than 15 credits during summer sessions and 4 credits during winter session.