The Summer Sessions 2021 schedule will go live on NEST on December 21, 2020.
Registration begins on January 11, 2021.
Welcome to Montclair State University Summer Sessions. We provide undergraduate and graduate course offerings during the months of May, June, July and August. Courses are open to current MSU students, visiting students, and high school students. The benefits of registering for Summer Sessions include:
- Discounted tuition and fees – We’ve recently reduced summer fees, making Summer Sessions even more affordable for you! Undergraduates receive a 12% tuition discount, and out-of-state students pay the in-state rate. Learn More about Your Cost Savings! Financial aid is also available to those who qualify.
- Flexible schedule options – With a variety of online courses, you can take a summer course without having to commute to campus. You can plan study time on your schedule.
- Shorter sessions – Many of the courses offered this summer can be completed in as few as three to four weeks. This gives you plenty of time to still enjoy a break before the fall semester begins. The first 4-week session runs from Monday, May 18 through Thursday, June 11. View the Course Schedule.
- Concentrate on a challenging course – Complete a difficult or demanding course without the distraction of taking multiple courses at the same time. Instead of juggling homework and exams for four to five classes, you can focus on just one course at a time.
- Get one step closer to your degree – You can use this summer to satisfy a prerequisite for an upcoming semester or complete a GenEd requirement. Registration is currently underway.