Darwin Day Celebration
This year’s symposium will be held on Friday, February 10 2023 at 8:30am
This symposium is made possible through a generous donation from the estate of Madelon Wehner (née Grimm, MSU Class of 1939). Sponsored by the Department of Biology and the College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University.
… from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Schedule of Events
- Registration/Poster Setup (Student Center Ballroom A)
- WELCOME (Student Center Ballroom A)
Drs. Quinn Vega, Kevin Bilyk and Matthew Schuler
- STUDENT PRESENTATIONS (Student Center Ballroom A)
- Snack Break
- 10:00 – 11:00
- POSTER SESSION (Student Center Ballroom A)
Student presenters will be available to answer questions related to their poster at this time.
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS (Student Center Ballroom A)
Dr. Kat Milligan-McClellan, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut
Title: Adapting an evolutionary model organism for host-microbe studies: Diversity matters
- LUNCH (Student Center Ballroom A)