Montclair State University has articulation agreements with other universities that allow students to complete a BS in Biology at Montclair State and an advanced degree elsewhere, usually in a shorter amount of time than if the two degrees were completed independently. The application process, schedule, selection criteria, and other aspects of the articulation agreements vary from program to program. An overview is provided in the University Catalog. More information is provided on the individual program pages and you can contact the program advisor if you have additional questions. There is also the Pre-Health Advisory Committee made up of faculty from various departments that can assist you further.
- BS/MD Medical program with Rutgers University (7-year program)
- BS/MD Medical program with Rutgers University (8-year program)
Health Careers Program students only
- BS/DMD dental program with Rutgers University (7-year program)
- BS/PharmD Doctor of Pharmacy Program with Rutgers University
Coordinated by the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
Advisor: Dr. Rotella (CELS 406B)
- BS/Doctor of Optometry with SUNY College of Optometry (7-year program)
Information Coming Soon
To apply to one of these programs at Montclair State University, please contact admissions, email@example.com.
See your Faculty Advisor to:
- Get general advice about coursework, curriculum, and career options
- Discuss academic problems and available resources
Note: Find your faculty advisor on NEST
See the Departmental Administrator or Department Chair to:
- Discuss issues that your advisor was unable to resolve
- Get initial advising as an incoming transfer student
- Get a credit adjustment to correct issues on your degree audit
- Get a Work at Another Institution form approved (note: must be stamped by the registrar first)
- Get approval for course overload and other things requiring approval of the chair
See the Director of Career Services to:
- Get co-op and internship approvals
General advising for CSAM students is also available. Visit Academic Advising for CSAM Students to learn more!