nurse in hospital room working on tablet

Articulation Programs

Montclair State University has articulation agreements with other universities that allow students to complete a BS in Biology at Montclair State and an advanced degree elsewhere, usually in a shorter amount of time than if the two degrees were completed independently. The application process, schedule, selection criteria, and other aspects of the articulation agreements vary from program to program, and are available on the program websites. There is also the Pre-Health Advisory Committee made up of faculty from various departments that can assist you further.

To apply to one of these programs at Montclair State University, please contact admissions,

Montclair State University no longer participates in the joint 7-year BS/MD program administered by Rutgers University, which required students to complete their undergraduate degree in 3 years. We encourage all Montclair State University students who are interested in pursuing medical, dental, optometry, and veterinary degrees and other health professions credentials to work closely with our faculty and professional advisors over the full course of your undergraduate program to identify professional program options and prepare the strongest possible applications.

When to see your Faculty Advisor

  • Get general advice about coursework, curriculum, and career options
  • Discuss academic problems and available resources

Note: Find your faculty advisor on NEST

When to see the Department Administrator or Chair

  • Discuss issues that your advisor was unable to resolve
  • Get initial advising as an incoming transfer student
  • Get a credit adjustment to correct issues on your degree audit
  • Get a Work at Another Institution form approved (note: must be stamped by the registrar first)
  • Get approval for course overload and other things requiring approval of the chair

Departmental AdministratorDepartment Chair

When to see the Director of Career Services

  • Get co-op and internship approvals
Director of Career Services

General advising for CSAM students is also available. Visit Academic Advising for CSAM Students to learn more!