A Statement from CAPS
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is here for you! We at CAPS offer a range of services, to meet a variety of needs, and want you to know that you are not alone. Montclair is a stigma free campus where we believe it is healthy to seek help and take care of your mental and physical health in order to be the best student you can be! We look forward to connecting with you, whether through our individual and group therapy options, outreach, crisis resources, referral support, Let’s Talk, and more!
Check out our website, join us on Engage, connect with us on social media, and help spread the word of our resources if you are concerned about a friend. Above all, please help us create a community of caring and support at our beautiful home away from home, spreading kindness, compassion, and gratitude for one another. We ask that you get engaged on campus and empower one another to be a part of change in our community, to respect and value our individual and collective voices, and to serve as allies and supports for one another. This unity makes us stronger and makes our voices even more powerful.
We are a department within the Dean of Students Office designed to provide free personal counseling and psychological services for Montclair State students, as well as referrals and consultations for faculty and staff. We are fully accredited by the International Accreditation of Counseling Centers (IACS).
- Allow students to make the most of their academic experience
- Help prevent future problems
- Help students develop to their fullest potential by learning new skills and resolving issues that may limit their performance
- Assist and support faculty and staff through consultation
- Promote wellness through workshops, presentations and major campus events
- Provide a positive training environment and close supervision for graduate students in counseling and psychology