Student sitting in chair using laptop

Referral Services

Off-campus referrals are provided to students who request a referral, present with an issue best suited for specialized treatment, long-term care, or in cases when a student’s schedule is not compatible with CAPS business hours or therapist availability. We have a referral coordinator/case manager who is dedicated to assisting students with off-campus referrals.

If you would like to search for providers, MiResource* is a database that CAPS recommends as a good place to start. MiResource is intended to assist individuals interested in connecting with mental health providers in the local community who fit their counseling needs.

MiResource FAQs

Find a Local Provider on the MiResource Database

Find an OCD specialist using the NOCD Database


As a user of these databases, you assume responsibility for evaluating and selecting your own health care providers.  You are also responsible for all costs associated with care you may receive.  You should carefully review your insurance benefits and confirm that your health care provider accepts your insurance plan before receiving care.  If you are under the age of 18, we recommend that you seek the advice of an adult as you consider treatment options.

These databases of community providers are offered for convenience and informational use only. The databases include self reported information from practitioners and we do not guarantee that the information in the databases are accurate or complete.  Montclair State University does not endorse or recommend the community providers listed and makes no representation about the quality, credentials or services offered by any of the listed practitioners.

How to Select a Provider Using Your Insurance