A degree in Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies (GSWS) is perfect for students interested in building well-paying careers that are exciting, fulfilling and challenging.
- With a background in GSWS, graduates are poised to work with advocacy groups, human rights organizations, environmental and consumer groups, health care, and youth, elderly and social services.
- In understanding the multiple intersections among different forms of oppression (sexism, racism, heterosexism, etc.), you’ll be ready to enter policy and lobbying organizations, research centers, trade and international associations, and union/labor organizing.
- Our graduates’ knowledge about power relationships and social injustices can lead to careers in government, politics or academia.
- The integration of race, class and gender issues provides a strong preparation for advanced graduate degrees.
- The interdisciplinary nature of Women’s Studies is excellent preparation for careers in research, education and librarianship, which require expertise in finding and using information on contemporary social issues
- With the drive to use their knowledge to change the world in positive, life-affirming ways, many grads work with human rights organizations, environmental groups and health care agencies.
- Majors feel well prepared to enter the medical professions, where their expanded insight and sensitivity to social concerns prove useful.
- A degree in GSWS is increasingly relevant and cutting-edge in the legal profession.
Contact CHSS Career Services
- Dickson Hall 436