Students have access to a variety of resources within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. You can schedule an appointment to discuss your career planning, attend workshops to support your professional development and gain access to career information.
- Individual career counseling – 30-minute appointments
- Interview preparation and coaching
- Professional development workshops
- Small group career advisement sessions
- Co-operative/internship job postings
- Internship guidance and advice
- Networking tips and strategies
- Job search planning and career exploration activities
Schedule a 30-minute career coaching appointment, participate in a career development workshop, join a small group career advisement session or schedule a mock interview coaching session. Learn how to job search, network with professionals and respond successfully to interview questions.
To request a Career Counseling appointment, please log in on Handshake.
Handshake is the #1 place employers recruit college students and new grads. The system utilizes machine learning to offer you job and internship recommendations based on your personal career interests and goals. Handshake empowers you to build your network by facilitating connections with employers, career advisors, alumni, and peers. Log into your Handshake account to:
- Schedule career advising appointments
- Find on- and off-campus jobs, internships, and career opportunities from worldwide employers
- View and register for upcoming career fairs and events
- Receive personal feedback on resumes and cover letters
- Access resources on career development topics, such as resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, and more!
- Connect with students, alumni, and employers