Please be sure to check this website frequently, as information may change throughout the semester.
The Montclair State University (MSU) Graduate Commencement website, at http://www.montclair.edu/commencement/graduate/, is the official source for all MSU Graduate Commencement information. While this page includes some specific information only for doctoral candidates, general details provided below are offered for convenience purposes only. Each student is responsible for confirming all information on the official MSU Graduate Commencement website, indicated above.
May 2018 Graduate School Commencement is for doctoral candidates who will have completed their graduation requirements in May 2018
Date and TimeDate: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 Time: 7:00 pm (students must arrive at 5:30pm) Location: New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), Newark, NJ
NJPAC requires ALL guests to have tickets to enter, including infants and children. Guests will not be permitted to enter NJPAC without a ticket. Graduates do not need a ticket. Each graduate student will be able to obtain up to three tickets for the Commencement ceremony with the possibility of receiving additional tickets if registration and space allow. Please indicate the ticket number preference when registering for Commencement through Marching Order, as described below. Ticket distribution will be managed by The Graduate School and pick-up times will be announced at a later date.
- Order Academic Regalia for May Commencement: Friday, March 30 for Custom Regalia; Thursday, May 3 for Keepsake Regalia
- Doctoral candidates may order either a Keepsake Doctoral Regalia Package ($99.00) or a Fine Quality Custom Regalia Package ($872.00). Fine Quality Custom Regalia Packages are recommended for candidates who will pursue faculty or University administrative positions. Please contact Caren Ferrante, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange to view samples of the different types of doctoral regalia.
- Regalia orders must be made at: https://montclair.shopoakhalli.com/
- Register to Participate in May Graduate Commencement: Friday, April 13 (unique to Doctoral candidates)
- Registration for May Graduate Commencement is managed through Marching Order at https://www.marchingorder.com/graduate/grad_login.asp.
- Submit Doctoral Graduate Ceremony and Regalia Information Form (unique to Doctoral candidates): Friday, April 13
- This is required for all doctoral candidates who will be completing their degree requirements in May 2018, whether you plan to attend Commencement or not. Please indicate your plans for the May Graduate Commencement Ceremony by completing the Doctoral Graduate Ceremony and Regalia Information Form found at https://gradschool.montclair.edu/gradweb/forms/graddoc.php. If you plan to attend the May Ceremony, you must order your regalia and register to attend Commencement, as described above, prior to submitting this form.
Any questions regarding information provided on this page should be directed to Caren Ferrante at email@example.com.