Along with the Biology (MS) degree, the Biology department also offers the following options for graduate study: Molecular Biology, Biology with a concentration in Ecology and Evolution, Biology with a concentration in Physiology, and Biology with a concentration in Pedagogy.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a US Bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the application page for international students to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all of corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account by following the general application instructions (link) and pay the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the (Program Name):
- Essays/Personal Statement:
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Standardized Test Scores:
- International Students: The TOEFL is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language (TOEFL Waiver Rules). Moreover, International students must have their transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator. Please check this page for more information.
- Online Work Sample:
- Interview/Portfolio Review:
- Part-time, full-time, hybrid, online
- Insert Deep Link to Course Catalogue listing
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
Telephone: (973) 655-5147
Fax: (973) 655-7869
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Program NAME (don’t need to say the word program twice, just say Biology Program Coordinator for example) Program Coordinator:
Program Coordinator: Dr. Scott Kight – keep link to bio page