Business Administration (MBA)
At the Feliciano School of Business, we are driven by a single goal: to prepare business leaders for success.
Our rigorous MBA programs can help you propel your current career to the next level or shift gears and explore new directions. We offer the flexibility you need, with an innovative, agile curriculum that develops your talents and skills — while accommodating your work schedule.
Our cohort structure maps out a lifelong professional network, starting with a team of diverse, ambitious fellow students who will work with you throughout your program. Courses taught by top-tier professors sharpen your analytical skills so you can navigate the complex, fast-changing business world.
Our MBA program offers concentrations in Accounting, Finance, International business, Management, Management of Information and Technology and Marketing, that can be declared after admission into the MBA program. For more information about each concentration, please visit the University’s Academic page.
You will engage and connect with the business community through our Executive Speaker Series, research and internship opportunities. And you will gain a global perspective through a faculty-led international trip exploring the challenges and potential of an emerging economy.
Visit the Feliciano School of Business website at the links below for more information about the different options for pursuing your MBA with Montclair State University.
- Weeknight MBA – Earn your MBA in as few as 24 months while attending classes just two evenings per week.
- Hybrid MBA – Fall Admission Only. The hybrid MBA program is designed to fit the schedule of the working professional. You can earn your MBA in just 24 months through a combination of online study and face-to-face class meetings on alternating Saturdays.
- Online MBA – Earn your Feliciano School of Business MBA wherever you are in as few as 24 months.
- 12-Month Accelerated MBA – Earn your MBA in three semesters (Fall, Spring & Summer) while attending classes three evenings per week (plus one online course per term).
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the application page for international students to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all of corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission
- Submit Online Application: Please submit your application by following the general application instructions. Follow the instructions in the application to apply the waiver for the application fee when you submit your application. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Business Administration (MBA) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended
- Essays/Personal Statement: – Please write a personal statement of your professional objectives. This statement, 1-2 pages in length, is your opportunity to explain your reasons for seeking the MBA degree. You may discuss any of the following topics:
- Your ultimate career goals, and the ways in which you expect the MBA to advance them.
- Personal and/or professional accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to master new challenges.
- Gaps in your existing knowledge or experience that affects your job satisfaction or productivity, and that you believe will be addressed by the MBA.
Please note that this statement is your opportunity to demonstrate your written communication skills as well as your interest in the MBA.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two
- Resume: Required
- Standardized Test Scores: GRE or GMAT (see test waiver policies)
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
For more information about the curriculum of the Business Administration program options, please visit the Business Administration (M.B.A) program listing in the University Catalog
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding the Master of Business Administration program, please contact:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Click to find the updated summer chair for this program.