Computing Technology (Certificate) Online
The Online Graduate Certificate in Computing Technology provides basic foundational knowledge in the field of computer science and information technology. The certificate provides a standalone credential for career-building and advancement opportunities.
Students will learn the fundamentals of computer software programming and computer hardware, as well as, discrete mathematics and data structures and algorithms. Additionally, in support of the Department of Computer Science’s four graduate programs (MS in Computer Science, MS in Information Technology, MS in Information Technology, Applied Information Technology/PSM, MS in Cybersecurity), this certificate can be used as a bridge program to transition students from unrelated fields who may not have the requisite knowledge in computer science.
Learn more about the Online Computing Technology Graduate Certificate.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all of corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Computing Technology (Certificate) Online program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write one integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
For more information, please visit the Computing Technology (Certificate) Online program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Computing Technology (Certificate) Online Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Updated summer chair for this program.*
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.