Do you feel like your body is crying out for help? Do you feel tired, irritable, stressed, bloated, have heartburn and gas? If you answered yes to any of these questions then these are all signs of having an unhealthy gut. The good news is, we have the power to change how we feel by slowly changing our daily habits. If you’re tired of living the same unhealthy life then do something about it. Below are a few ways you can easily start to heal your gut one habit at a time:
- Get more sleep. Not having enough sleep has an effect on your gut health. Try going to bed earlier for one full week or sleeping for at least 7-8 hours per day to see the difference this can make in your mood.
- Decrease your caffeine intake. Instead of drinking coffee 3 times a day, try 1 cup a day or lessen what you are currently taking in. Too much caffeine can make us feel jittery and junky. Stop the junky vibe.
- Stay hydrated and avoid sugary drinks. Instead of grabbing a diet coke or a sweet tea, try drinking water with every meal. That sugar in those drinks tends to have you wanting more sugar throughout your day. Can’t do it? Grab a friend and hold each other accountable for one week at a time.
- Enjoy your meals at a slower pace. Set aside time to eat and enjoy your food slowly. Food is fuel and can be enjoyable if we manage our time a little better.
- De-stress. Stress can be at every turn these days but great ways to de stress can be simple daily habits put into place like going for a walk, exercising, meditating, connecting with others, laughing with your family or friends. Focus on the things that make you feel happy and do more of those things on a daily basis.
- Your diet. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to change your diet. Look at what you eat on the daily and take note of the things that are heavily processed and try to eliminate them from your diet. When you are ready to fill your fridge with healthier options try shopping on the exterior of the grocery store. The interior of every market is filled with processed foods. Fill your basket with more produce and freshness that can be found on the exterior of any grocery store.
- Try bone broth. One of the great healers for your gut is bone broth. Bone broth is rich in protein, aids in soothing intestinal issues, it supports immune function, contains anti inflammatories, many vitamins and minerals and is loaded with collagen.
- Take a probiotic. Probiotics are excellent supplements you can find at any drug store. They are a great way to improve your gut health. Contact your health provider to see which one best suits your needs.
Having a healthy gut means living a healthier life. Small steps are key in order to make long lasting changes but no one can make you do it, you have to want the change and take one step at a time in order to recharge your gut. Don’t wait for tomorrow, start living a healthier life today.