For many of us, we have trouble doing just one thing. We have become incredible multitaskers and although that can make us quite efficient, it is also mentally draining. The uncertainty of tomorrow and the anxiety that has come to all our lives in 2020 can be heavy and terrifying. We have the power to change the way we think and feel by slowing down to meditate. Try to start meditating with these steps below:
- Begin by creating a space for yourselves in a quiet spot. Doesn’t matter where, it just matters that it is a peaceful place for relaxation.
- If you are in a chair, let your hands rest gently on your legs and sit up straight. If you are on the floor, relax your legs and sit up straight.
- Close your eyes and listen to the sounds of your breath.
- Relax your eyes and breathe.
- Focus on you the way you are breathing.
- Find peace in this brief moment of your day.
- If your mind starts wandering away, just go back to the sounds of your breath.
- Try this for 5-10 minutes a few days a week.
Meditation is not a practice in religion but more of a way to find stillness and calm your mind. If you have never tried meditation before, now is the perfect time to embrace something new.
The goal of meditation isn’t to control your thoughts. It’s to stop letting them control you.
Be still for a moment and breathe.