Research Academy for University Learning
What We're All About
We encourage, facilitate, and contribute to a faculty conversation about how university students learn, how we can best foster that learning, and how we and our students can best understand its nature and progress.
What's New and What's Coming for Spring 2016...
Spring 2016 Faculty and Student Panels on Mediating Conversations on Critical Ethical Issues on Campus and in the Classroom: Learn more and RSVP now: https://msusurveys.montclair.edu/index.php/876129/lang-en
- Special guest speaker Dr. Eben Kirksey: https://queeringthesciences.wordpress.com/2016/01/10/queer-ecologies/
- e-Dialogues and Teaching Circles: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/teaching-circles/
- Engaged Teaching Fellows Program Call for Applications: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/engaged-teaching-fellows-program/
- 7th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase, May 11, 2016. Details coming soon!
- The 6th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase announces two special guest speakers! Dr. Mel Michelle Lewis, Assistant Professor, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies at Goucher College, and Keynote Dr. Patrick Blessinger, Executive Director & Chief Research Scientist, International HETL Association, St. John's University. Learn more about their talks and workshops here: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/university-showcase/
- Faculty Teaching Circle dates are now posted. Please visit our page to learn more: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/teaching-circles/
- Spring 2015 faculty development workshops are now being confirmed. Topics will include Mindfulness Teaching and Learning, Using Study Guides to Engage and Improve Student Reading Strategies, and more...
- The 2014 University Teaching and Learning Showcase Materials and Resources are available here. Click here to access handouts, Powerpoint presentations.
- To suggest your own event or program, and to provide feedback on programs and events you would like to see offered through the Research Academy, please click here to take our very brief (5 minutes) Needs Assessment Survey:
- September 22, 2014 - Annual Day of Mindfulness.
- May 2, 2014 - The 5th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase will be held on May 2, 2014. Learn more about the Showcase...
To access research, classroom activities and ongoing programs about the emerging practices of contemplative pedagogy, please visit...
The Teaching Times
The Research Academy publishes a bi-annual newsletter with original articles, events, and resources all directly related to engaging the higher education community on issues in teaching and learning.
Read the latest issue...