Supporting all faculty, adjunct faculty to full professors, in teaching & learning excellence, career advancement, and academic leadership
Featured Events and Resources
- Welcome to OFEMonday February 6, 2023
- “But I didn’t mean to!”: Catching Plagiarism, Teaching Citation, and Modeling Research: An OFE Partner SessionFriday January 27, 2023
- ChatGPT and the Future of AI: Perspectives from Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Industry, and Writing StudiesFriday January 27, 2023
Teaching at Montclair 101
The workshop covers: navigating Montclair, COVID considerations, planning your course, and writing your syllabus and other essential course design elements.
Updated August, 2022.
Syllabus and Assignment Review
OFE is offering instructors a “no-judgment, just help” assignment review and revision service for faculty teaching in any discipline.
Updated June, 2022.
Find information here on course set-up, tips for online and on campus, plus tools and resources to adopt.
- Connect With Your Students
- Build Community and Foster Belonging
- Best Practices for Faculty Supporting Mental Health
- Implicit Bias
- Video Recording of Tuesday, January 12th OFE session: Practical Responses to ChatGPT (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- Video Recording of Tuesday, January 10th OFE session: Syllabus Tweaks to Signal Belonging (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- Video Recording of Wednesday, September 14th OFE session: Students in Academic Need: Who Does What to Help Our Students (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
At OFE, we are here to support faculty as you navigate the joys and challenges of teaching. If you have any questio… https://t.co/69fdW97AEy— Office for Faculty Excellence (OFE), MSU (@MontclairOFE) date here
The Office for Faculty Excellence (OFE) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, research, leadership, and university citizenship through sponsorship of events, programs, and services. OFE provides guidance on teaching for both new and seasoned instructors, and to teachers on every track. OFE integrates the University’s determination to support all students’ success through programs that bring data and evidence-based practice to faculty to support their advancement.
OFE also serves as a clearinghouse and referral service to guide faculty to the many programs, offices, and informational sources that join OFE in supporting their excellence.
The Office for Faculty Excellence is greatly supported by the Advisory Board, chaired by Kathleen Kelley, and comprised of faculty experts accomplished in teaching from across the University.
Updated 01/13/23 SR